Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good food, Good company, Good times













Saturday, Kent and I were lucky enough to have dinner with his Aunt Kristen and Uncle Bill from Atlanta and cousin Sally who is taking a summer advanced learning course at UC-Santa Cruz. We met them near their hotel over near Ghiradelli Square and Fisherman's Wharf. We had dinner at this amazing French-Vietnamese restaurant, Ava Mandara. We all ordered the halibut, and no one was disappointed. I tried once again to master my chop sticks, but it didn't quite work out. I ended up opting for the fork instead. Dinner was filled with good conversation and good laughs and amazing cuisine. It was a special treat to see some familiar faces from Georgia! After dinner, we headed over to the pier to look out over the San Francisco Bay. It was really warm during the day (75+), so I figured I didn't need a heavy jacket, but I was regretting it once the wind starting picking up over the water. Word to the wise: Always bring a jacket and scarf in SF!


We then headed back to the mainland for some classic Irish coffees. They quickly warmed us up.
We had a blast and look forward to their next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment