Monday, July 20, 2009

Friday night at Ocean Beach






A note from Caroline:
Kent and I have decided to experiment with a little blog, and we hope you can share in some of our adventures.  I just recently moved to San Francisco over the 4th of July weekend to be closer to Kent, and I am so happy to finally be here.  I love Georgia and miss Atlanta, but I am so grateful to be here in California now.  This past weekend was absolutely wonderful, and I thought I'd share some of it as part of the first posting on our new blog!
On Friday night, we headed out to Ocean Beach with Jacqueline and Albert to have a little bond fire and roast some marshmallows.  Yes, it is California, and yes it is summertime, and yes, I am wearing snow gear on the beach!  It was so cold.  This San Francisco city weather is a far cry from the Atlanta heat in July.  Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  I never understood what he meant until now. :)  We made the long trek (a few miles) over to Ocean Beach so excited to start our fire, only to be stopped by the cops telling us that all of the legal fire pits were taken.  We made the best of it and had a great time anyway.  Some of you may know that I have always loved the beach at night!!  Here are a few pics from the evening.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was the music Albert brought; 90's Dance Party, even brought along the Spice Girls.

    ReplyDelete