Thursday, August 27, 2009

Workout Updates- Thursday

Okay okay. so I promised to provide workout updates to keep myself honest. :)
On Monday, I got off of work late, so Kent and I decided to do the Coit Tower run instead. It was pretty brutal. You run fast for a mile and a half on flat ground down the Embarcadero, then you run up about 1000 stairs up hill towards to Coit Tower, which overlooks the city of San Francisco. It is in a great neighborhood called Telegraph Hill where beautiful bright colored homes cover the STEEP streets. When we got to the top of the hill, I was completely out of breath, and feeling the pain, but we couldn't stop there. We did 100 sit ups (not crunches) and 100 pushups, then headed back down the steps and home running at a fast pace. Kent let me use his ipod, and it really pushed me to the next level. His ipod is filled with fast paced, motivating music, unlike mine which is filled with old country love songs.

Tuesday, I worked late and Kent had mediation, so I stayed home and didn't work out. I know I know... already cheating, and it was only day 2.

Last Night, Wednesday, I altered the plan a little and just did the stationary bike for 20 minutes. Not exactly a stellar workout, but at least it was something.

Tonight's workout is up in the air. I would like to get my long run in tonight...if I can get home in time!

I think setting goals is important, but it is more important to just make sure that you do something. You can alter the plan, but at least alter it to where you do something every day even if you don't do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment